Data privacy is of high importance for HOPE and we want to be open and transparent with our processing of your personal data. We therefore have a policy setting out how your personal data will be processed and protected.
Who is the controller of your personal data?
HOPE is the controller of the personal data you submit to us and responsible for your personal data under applicable data protection law.
HOPE Retail AB VAT: 556698-6013
113 30, Stockholm, Sweden
Phone: +46 (0) 70 96 233 59
Where do we store your data?
The data that we collect from you is stored within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) but may also be transferred to and processed in a country outside of the EEA. Any such transfer of your personal data will be carried out in compliance with applicable laws.
For transfers outside the EEA, HOPE will use Standard Contractual Clauses and Privacy Shield as safeguards for countries without adequacy decision from the European Commission.
Who accesses your data?
We never pass on, sell or swap your data for marketing purposes to third parties. Data that is forwarded to third parties, is only used to provide you with our services.
What is the legal ground for processing?
For every specific processing of personal data we collect from you we will inform you whether the provision of personal data is statutory or required to enter a contract and whether it is an obligation to provide the personal data and possible consequences if you choose not to.
When you visit HOPE Online, or any other website linked from this website, we may store certain information on your computer in the form of "cookies", which enable us to tailor the website to your interests and preferences. The information that is stored in the cookie may also be used to keep track of the visitor’s behaviour on the website.
A cookie is a small text file that the website you visit stores on your computer. There are two types of cookies: the first cookie is stored as a file on your computer for a longer period. It is used to identify if there has been any previous contact between us and your computer. The second type is called a session cookie which is temporarily stored in the computer’s memory during the time you are browsing the website. The session cookie will not be stored in your web browser for a long period of time. It disappears when you close your browser session.
What are your rights?
Right to access: You have the right to request information about the personal data we hold on you at any time. You can contact HOPE that will provide you with your personal data via e-mail.
Right to portability: Whenever HOPE process your personal data by automated means based on your consent or based on an agreement you have the right to get a copy of your data transferred to you or to another party. This only includes the personal data you have submitted to us.
Right to rectification: You have the right to request rectification of your personal data if they are incorrect, including the right to have incomplete personal data completed. If you have a HOPE account, you can edit your personal data under your account and membership pages.
Right to erasure: You have the right to erase any personal data processed by HOPE at any time except for the following situations:
- You have an ongoing matter with Customer Service
- You have an open order which has not yet been shipped or partially shipped
- You have an unsettled debt with HOPE, regardless of the payment method
If you are suspected or have misused our services within the last four years
If you have made any purchase, we will keep your personal data in connection to your transaction for bookkeeping rules
Right to object to processing based on legitimate interest: You have the right to object to processing of your personal data that is based on HOPE's legitimate interest.
HOPE will not continue to process the personal data unless we can demonstrate a legitimate ground for the process which overrides your interest and rights or due to legal claims.
Right to object to direct marketing: You have the right to object to direct marketing, including profiling analysis made for direct marketing purposes.
You can opt out from direct marketing by the following means:
- Following the instruction in each marketing mails
- By editing the settings of your HOPE account
- Right to restriction:You have the right to request that HOPE restricts the process of your personal data under the following circumstances:
- If you object to a processing-based HOPE legitimate interest, HOPE shall restrict all processing of such data pending the verification of the legitimate interest.
- If you have claim that your personal data is incorrect, HOPE must restrict all processing of such data pending the verification of the accuracy of the personal data.
- If the processing is unlawful you can oppose the erasure of personal data and instead request the restriction of the use of your personal data instead
- If HOPE no longer needs the personal data but it is required for you to make of defending legal claims.
How can you exercise your rights?